National Scholarship Portal 2022 (NSP) is a digital scholarship platform that carries multiple scholarships offered by the central government, state governments, and different government agencies like UGC (University Grants Commission). The National Scholarship Portal hosts about 104 scholarship schemes worth hundreds of crores for the scholarship seekers registered on the platform. According to officials, the platform has, so far, helped the government implement and disburse scholarships worth more than INR 2,700 crores. The platform national portal scholarship boasts of more than 127 Lakh applications out of which over 84 Lakh applications are verified also.
Introduced as the Mission Mode Project under the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP), the National Scholarship Portal emerges as one of the most prominent scholarship portals that offer a variety of services ranging from student scholarship application to the disbursal of scholarships to them. Offering a SMART (Simplified, Mission-oriented, Accountable, Responsive & Transparent) system for effective and faster disposal of scholarships, the portal ensures direct delivery of funds to the beneficiary’s account thereby avoiding any chances of leakage.
The NSP can benefit you in the following ways.
- You can find all kinds of scholarship information on one platform of NSP Login.
- You have to make a single integrated application for all scholarships which simplifies the application process.
- The national scholarship portal home renders enhanced transparency to all its users.
- You can find the master data for all courses and institutions at an all-India level on this single platform.
- It also serves as a great tool for departments and ministries in the form of DSS (Decision Support System)
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Why was it created?
What was the need to create this portal? This is an obvious question to occur in your mind. The key objectives behind the creation of this National Scholarship Portal include –
- To ensure that the scholarships are being disbursed to students on a timely basis
- To offer a common platform for both Central and State Government scholarships
- To create a transparent scholars’ database
- To avoid duplication that occurs while processing the applications
- To harmonize the variety of scholarships and their norms
- To ensure the application of DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)
National Scholarship Portal 2022 (NSP) – How can students benefit from it?
Now when you are aware of the benefits that the National Scholarship Portal 2022 renders to the students, here is how you can get the best out of this portal –scholarships.gov.in
- Check the eligibility for the NSP scholarships available.
- Register yourself with National Scholarship Portal, NSP Login, and apply for the scholarship you are eligible for.
- Make hassle-free submission of applications online.
- The authorities will do the verification of the online application. Meanwhile, you can also track the status of your application through the portal.
- If successfully verified, the scholarship amount will be directly credited to the account of the student through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT). Know the current status of NSP scholarship payment through the portal.
National Scholarship Portal 2022 (NSP) – Various scholarships it covers
Known for its nationwide reach, the National Scholarship Portal covers almost all types of scholarships for students studying in class 1 to Ph.D. level. The variety of scholarships that the NSP covers are majorly categorized under the following sections –
- Central schemes
- UGC schemes
- AICTE schemes
- State schemes
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Central Schemes
Different departments operating under the Government of India run several scholarships to help students pursue their dream academic careers without any financial constraints. The renowned providers in the realm of scholarships include the Ministry of Minority Affairs (MOMA), Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MSJE), Ministry of Labour and Employment (MLE), Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MTA), Department of Higher Education (DHE) and more.
You can apply for all scholarships that are being offered by the central government through the National Scholarship Portal under the Central Schemes section. Please find the cumulative list of central NSP scholarships in the table given below.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – UGC Schemes
The University Grants Commission (UGC) is a prominent statutory body of the Indian government functioning under the MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource Development). It has been set up to coordinate, determine and maintain the standards of higher education in India. It is the authority that offers recognition to universities across India and also provides them with funds. Besides this, the UGC also offers some scholarship schemes for students pursuing college-level education.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – AICTE Schemes.
Regarded as the national-level council for technical education and a statutory body, AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) functions under the Department of Higher Education, MHRD. Operating since 1945, AICTE looks after the coordinated development and proper planning for both technical as well as management education systems in India. Despite offering approval to postgraduate and undergraduate programs under specified categories, AICTE also offers several scholarships for students to ensure that financial constraint does not become a blocking stone in their professional career. Please find the names of those NSP scholarships in the list hereunder.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – State Schemes.
Just like the central government, the state government also offers scholarships for students who are domicile of that respective state. While many state governments operate their scholarship portal for applications, some prefer inviting applications through the National Scholarship Portal. At present, the national scholarship portal covers state schemes of 6 different states namely, Bihar, Uttarakhand, Tripura, Karnataka, Meghalaya, and Arunachal Pradesh.
National Scholarship Portal 2022 (NSP) – How can you apply for a scholarship?
To stay advantaged with the scholarships mentioned above, you need to register yourself on NSP through Student NSP Login. However, before applying for a scholarship, the students need to make sure that their current educational institution is registered on the portal. If the institution is not registered on the portal, the student would not be able to apply for any scholarship. The portal also has the provision for the institutions to register themselves, if not already registered. What are the steps to be followed to apply for a scholarship? Well! Here is a step-by-step description of how you can apply for an NSP scholarship through the national scholarship portal – scholarships.gov.in
Step 1: Searching for the Institute
- Visit the home page of the portal.
- Click on the ‘Search for Institute‘ button.
- Fill in the required details and get the institution list.
- If the institution is not registered, the candidates can request their institutions to register on the portal by clicking here.
Step 2: Registering with National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
- All fresh users need to visit the Home Page of the National Scholarship Portal to register.
- Click on ‘New Registration’.
- A page of Guidelines for Registration on NSP will open.
- Go through the guidelines carefully.
- Click on ‘Continue’ to proceed.
- Fill in all required details.
- Click on ‘Register’.
- You will receive a student application ID and password on your registered mobile number.
Step 3: Logging in with National Scholarship Portal or NSP Login
- Click on the login button to start the scholarship application.
- Enter the application ID and password received on your registered number.
Step 4: Change the password (A mandatory step)
- Upon successful login, you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Verify the OTP.
- You will be directed to change the password page.
- Change the password and continue.
Step 5: Enter the Dashboard
- Once the password is changed, you will be directed to Applicant’s Dashboard Page.
- Click on ‘Application Form’ to start the application.
- Fill in all registration details, academic details, and basic details.
- Click on ‘Save & Continue.
- Add contact details, scheme details, and upload necessary documents.
- Click on ‘Save as Draft’ (To confirm if you have entered the correct information)
- Once confirmed, click on the ‘Final Submit’ button.
The applications finally submitted cannot be edited again. So, the applicants are advised to be double sure while clicking on final submission as no change of information will be entertained after final submission.
National Scholarship Portal 2022 (NSP) – Key Documents Required
While applying for any scholarship on NSP, the students are required to upload certain documents to complete the application process. However, for the NSP scholarship amount of less than INR 50,000, the students are not required to upload any document. They need to submit a copy of the documents to their respective schools/colleges/institute. For all other scholarships, the students should keep the following documents handy –
- Bank Passbook
- Educational documents
- Aadhaar number
- Domicile Certificate (as specified in the respective scholarship guidelines)
- Income Certificate (as specified in the respective scholarship guidelines)
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Bonafide student certificate from school/institute (if the institute/school is different from the domicile state of the applicant)
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Key Services
Besides applying for a scholarship, the portal also provides several other services for both the students and the institutions. A user can explore all the services offered through the NSP portal under the ‘Services Section’. The key services listed under this section include –
- NSP 2.0 user manual – To acquaint the users with the workflow on NSP. The students will get to know the detailed registration and application process.
- Scheme eligibility – Under this section, the students can filter out the scholarship schemes based on their specific requirements. They are required to fill their domicile state/UT, course level, religion, caste/category, gender, annual income of parents, disability status, and captcha code.
- Scheme-wise State Nodal Officers – Under this section, the students can browse the list of state nodal officers based on the scheme they want to apply for. For example, if you are applying for a UGC scheme, you can check the details of state nodal officers under the ‘UGC’ section.
- Know your AISHE Code – This service allows the students to check the AISHE codes of schools/colleges/institutions registered on NSP by simply providing the institution type, state, district (not mandatory), and university type (not mandatory)
- Get AISHE Code for your Institute – This section allows the institutions which are not registered on the portal to register themselves by simply filling out the form available.
- List of applicants processed for scholarship – Explore the list of applicants who have been selected for the scholarship in this section. The users need to select the academic year, application type, ministry, scheme, state, and district to get relevant details.
- Search Nodal Officer details – Get the details of the nodal officers for each ministry, state, or district in this section.
- District Nodal Officer details list – Under this section, the students can browse the district-wise list of nodal officers.
Question & Answer Section of NSP scholarship 2022:
|Q 1. What is the last date for submitting online NSP scholarship applications online 2022?
Ans: For such dates please look at the “Announcement” box on the home page. It is on 15 December 2022 should check yourself on the website Tentative You.
Q 2. Whether I have to fill up the online NSP 2022 application in one sitting?
Ans: No. You can register by entering your basic details. The system would generate an Applicant-id & password for you. Please note it.
Q 3. Can I edit the information already saved and up to what time?
Ans: You can edit information filled by you, till you “ Lock and forward the online application” to the institute.
Q 4. Should I apply again for the renewal of the NSP Scholarship 2022 (Registered Applicants)?
Ans: Yes you have to renew to get the benefit of this scholarship.
Q 5. How can I apply for the NSP Scholarship, if I haven’t availed it in the first year of the course?
Ans: Yes you can apply for this scholarship.
Q.6 Is the NSP scholarship amount credited?
Q/A SECTION PART 2
Q 6. What if I forget my NSP Applicant ID/ Password?
Ans: you can recover your Applicant ID/ Password by clicking on “Registered students: Recover your password.
Q 7. Can I take a print-out of my NSP application at any stage?
Ans: Yes. Printout of application can be taken at any stage.
Q 8. How can I check my NSP scholarship status for 2022?
To know the Status of NSP Scholarship Status for Fresh/ renewal, Students can visit the NSP website or go through the direct link which is https://scholarships.gov.in/renewal/ NSP login page. action. 2. Next, Students can provide the application ID and Password to check it.
Q 9. What should I do, if, by mistake, I select the wrong category and apply for the wrong Scheme?
Ans: You can make fresh registration, by entering the correct category and applying for a scholarship in that Scheme.
Q.10 Is the NSP scholarship amount credited?
If successfully verified, the scholarship amount will be directly credited to the account of the student through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT). Know the current status of NSP scholarship payment through the portal.
For Any Assistance Contact:
All the candidates who have the desired qualification and age as per the official notification can apply. Nonetheless in this article, I have tried to cover all the details like www.scholarships.gov.in 2022-23 nsp scholarship 202223 nsp login 2022 national scholarship portal post-matric scholarship 2022 nsp login 2022 renewal How can I check my NSP scholarship status 2022? How do I check my NSP scholarship status? How can I check my NSP scholarship status 2022? Is NSP scholarship amount credited? not only age but also qualifications and definitely how to apply along with how to apply and other details. In addition, You can communicate with me through the comment section if you have any questions or suggestions, or opinions.
THANK YOU, VISIT AGAIN OUR WEBSITE FREESCHOLARSHIPALERTS.COM.